patchadd terminating with error - Solaris

This is a discussion on patchadd terminating with error - Solaris ; Hi, I just installed and downloaded a number of patches. Now I'm trying to install some "download-only" patches according to Sunsolve, but for 118855-36 patchadd terminates with a message ending "Signature invalid on signed patch". I use Sun Update Manager ...

  1. patchadd terminating with error

    Hi,

    I just installed and downloaded a number of patches. Now I'm trying to
    install some "download-only" patches according to Sunsolve, but for
    118855-36 patchadd terminates with a message ending "Signature invalid
    on signed patch". I use Sun Update Manager for download and install.
    Haven't tried the other 5 patches yet (124259-6, 121289-4, 123325-3,
    121230-2, 120037-22).
    Help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    In article <46daac0a$0$11257$e4fe514c@dreader12.news.xs4all.nl>,
    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    >I just installed and downloaded a number of patches. Now I'm trying to
    >install some "download-only" patches according to Sunsolve, but for
    >118855-36 patchadd terminates with a message ending "Signature invalid
    >on signed patch". I use Sun Update Manager for download and install.

    Download the patch with Martin Paul's PCA and then apply it
    with patchadd(1M) from the command line.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  3. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    > Download the patch with Martin Paul's PCA and then apply it
    > with patchadd(1M) from the command line.
    >
    > John
    > groenveld@acm.org

    Thank you...but I get this message:

    Patch IR CR RSB Age Synopsis
    ------ -- - -- --- ---
    118855 33 < 36 RS- 217 SunOS 5.10_x86: kernel patch
    Download 1/1: failed - no Sun Online Account data

    Download Summary: 1 total, 0 successful, 0 skipped, 1 failed

    Does it require a paid Sun Online Account? Because I use the free one..

  4. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    On 2007-09-03 15:29:07 +0100, Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> said:

    >> Download the patch with Martin Paul's PCA and then apply it
    >> with patchadd(1M) from the command line.
    >>
    >> John
    >> groenveld@acm.org

    > Thank you...but I get this message:
    >
    > Patch IR CR RSB Age Synopsis
    > ------ -- - -- --- --- -------------------------------------------------------
    > 118855 33 < 36 RS- 217 SunOS 5.10_x86: kernel patch
    > Download 1/1: failed - no Sun Online Account data
    >
    > Download Summary: 1 total, 0 successful, 0 skipped, 1 failed
    >
    > Does it require a paid Sun Online Account? Because I use the free one..

    You need to pass pca your Sun online account details, using
    -user= and -passwd=. Also see the CONFIGURATION section
    of the man page.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  5. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    > You need to pass pca your Sun online account details, using -user=
    > and -passwd=. Also see the CONFIGURATION section of the man page.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    Ok, got it working. It downloaded the selected patch, but now I'm unable
    to locate it.

  6. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    In article <46dc625f$0$27931$e4fe514c@dreader15.news.xs4all.nl>,
    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote:
    >Ok, got it working. It downloaded the selected patch, but now I'm unable
    >to locate it.

    In your current working directory by default according to the manpage.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  7. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    > In your current working directory by default according to the manpage.

    I found it, but I did "find / -name 118855" and couldn't find it. BTW,
    SunSolve tells me to boot -r directly after if I have a Live system. How
    do I know I have one?

  8. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    Huub wrote:

    > I found it, but I did "find / -name 118855" and couldn't find it.

    Next time, try "find / -name '118855*'".

    > SunSolve tells me to boot -r directly after if I have a Live system. How
    > do I know I have one?

    A live system is currently running the kernel you are patching with
    118855. Ways to patch a non-live system would be Live Upgrade or booting
    another instance of the OS (from DVD or network) and patching the
    non-live OS on disk with patchadd's -R option.

    mp.
    --
    Systems Administrator | Institute of Scientific Computing | Univ. of Vienna
    | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/
    Patch Check Advanced | Analyze, download and install patches for Sun
    Solaris

  9. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    > Next time, try "find / -name '118855*'".

    Oops..

    > A live system is currently running the kernel you are patching with
    > 118855. Ways to patch a non-live system would be Live Upgrade or booting
    > another instance of the OS (from DVD or network) and patching the
    > non-live OS on disk with patchadd's -R option.
    >
    > mp.

    Thank you. Another question: I supposed to give boot -r. As far as I
    know this should be done at the boot prompt. However, I don't get that
    anymore... since very recently I have grub. How do I give boot -r now?

  10. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    Huub wrote:

    > Thank you. Another question: I supposed to give boot -r. As far as I
    > know this should be done at the boot prompt. However, I don't get that
    > anymore... since very recently I have grub. How do I give boot -r now?

    touch /reconfigure; init 6

    should still work.

  11. Re: patchadd terminating with error

    Oscar del Rio wrote:
    > Huub wrote:
    >
    >> Thank you. Another question: I supposed to give boot -r. As far as I
    >> know this should be done at the boot prompt. However, I don't get that
    >> anymore... since very recently I have grub. How do I give boot -r now?

    > touch /reconfigure; init 6
    >
    > should still work.

    also

    # reboot -- -r