updatemanager doesn't die! - Solaris

This is a discussion on updatemanager doesn't die! - Solaris ; Has anybody ever seen updatemanager die promptly after having attempted to Cancel an apparently stuck patch run? I've left it for hours and it still displays the silly message "This may take a moment". Who have they got writing this ...

  1. updatemanager doesn't die!

    Has anybody ever seen updatemanager die promptly after having attempted to
    Cancel an apparently stuck patch run? I've left it for hours and it still
    displays the silly message "This may take a moment".

    Who have they got writing this stuff? It's been years and still there are
    patches that updatemanager/smpatch will fail to install (not queue for the
    next reboot, actually fail to install) yet when you do a manual patchadd
    there is no problem whatsoever.

    This is getting beyond a joke. Is there no quality control at all? Is the
    patch team being bribed by Microsoft?

  2. Re: updatemanager doesn't die!

    Geoff Lane wrote:
    > Has anybody ever seen updatemanager die promptly after having attempted to
    > Cancel an apparently stuck patch run? I've left it for hours and it still
    > displays the silly message "This may take a moment".
    >
    > Who have they got writing this stuff? It's been years and still there are
    > patches that updatemanager/smpatch will fail to install (not queue for the
    > next reboot, actually fail to install) yet when you do a manual patchadd
    > there is no problem whatsoever.
    >
    > This is getting beyond a joke. Is there no quality control at all? Is the
    > patch team being bribed by Microsoft?

    It appears, unfortunately, that things are going downhill fast
    everywhere. A companies success depends on the high quality of
    education of its employees.

+ Reply to Thread