network setup problems on new sol 10 install - Solaris

This is a discussion on network setup problems on new sol 10 install - Solaris ; I am running a simple home network. server to linksys router/switch to dsl modem. I am able to setup free bsd, solaris 8,9 to go to the internet with just the standard resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf, default router files. This does not ...

  1. network setup problems on new sol 10 install

    I am running a simple home network.
    server to linksys router/switch to dsl modem.

    I am able to setup free bsd, solaris 8,9 to go to the internet
    with just the standard resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf, default router
    files.

    This does not work with the solaris 10 install.
    I am multi booting the OS'es on the same box. So I am sure about
    the hardware being good.

    I tried installing the s10 using dhcp and that did not work either.

    Is there some big difference in setting up the networking for solaris
    10
    and solaris 8/9 ????

    TIA

    /markt

  2. Re: network setup problems on new sol 10 install

    matusi wrote:

    Please don't multi-post on Usenet, cross-post if you must.

    See answer elsewhere.

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread