Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work? - Solaris ; Has anybody installed Solaris 10 on an Intel quad core motherboard? What motherboard, and anything I need to know? -- The e-mail address in our reply-to line is reversed in an attempt to minimize spam. Our true address is of ...

  1. Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work?

    Has anybody installed Solaris 10 on an Intel quad core motherboard?

    What motherboard, and anything I need to know?

  2. Re: Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work?

  3. Re: Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work?

    Mariano Obarrio wrote:
    > Try this http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/search.jsp
    >
    > Mariano

    Thanks for that. The results, though, are pretty bearish for my
    prospects. Surely there must be more than a single HP system that
    will function.

    And I had in mind the desktop chip, anyway.

  4. Re: Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work?

    CJT wrote:
    > Has anybody installed Solaris 10 on an Intel quad core motherboard?
    >
    > What motherboard, and anything I need to know?

    We're running it on Intel S5000PAL, 4GB RAM, 2 CPUs with ~1.8 Ghz.

    ciao
    Klaus

  5. Re: Solaris 10 on Intel quad core -- what motherboards work?

    CJT wrote:

    >Mariano Obarrio wrote:
    >> Try this http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/search.jsp
    >>
    >> Mariano
    >>

    >Thanks for that. The results, though, are pretty bearish for my
    >prospects. Surely there must be more than a single HP system that
    >will function.

    In order to be listed a system has to pass the full set of tests,
    requiring at least two machines for testing. It goes far more than
    saying "it boots for me".

+ Reply to Thread