Break boot sequence - Solaris

This is a discussion on Break boot sequence - Solaris ; Hello group On Sun SPARC machines you can break boot up with Stop-A key. Can you also do that on a Sun X86 / 64 Regards Ken...

  1. Break boot sequence

    Hello group

    On Sun SPARC machines you can break boot up with Stop-A key. Can you also do
    that on a Sun X86 / 64

    Regards

    Ken

  2. Re: Break boot sequence

    Ken wrote:
    > Hello group
    >
    > On Sun SPARC machines you can break boot up with Stop-A key. Can you
    > also do that on a Sun X86 / 64
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Ken

    There is no per se on the typical x86 keyboard. Maybe
    would work, but I've not tried it. If the x86 kernel is
    ported closely from the sparc kernel there should be some key combo that
    works. I have just started tinkering with OpenSolaris so don't know
    much. Lurking here to learn.

+ Reply to Thread