help about compilation of a program - Solaris

This is a discussion on help about compilation of a program - Solaris ; Hi , I' m in Solaris 10 from 5 days and don't know nothing, I see that all the operation must be typed in the terminal but I don' t know what string I ' ve to use for compile ...

  1. help about compilation of a program

    Hi , I' m in Solaris 10 from 5 days and don't know nothing, I see
    that all the operation must be typed in the terminal but I don' t know
    what string I ' ve to use for compile one of the downloaded source
    code. in linux we have to type ./config and then make but in solaris
    it doesn' t work . Can someone explain ( step by step if possible )
    what should I write in the terminal to compile a make a program
    executable from when I open it until I ' ve compiled it ? ( all my
    program are in the folder home/dowloads/) ...
    Thanks a lot to every anwers me back
    bye!

  2. Re: help about compilation of a program

    On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:58:15 -0700, bwe wrote:

    > Hi , I' m in Solaris 10 from 5 days and don't know nothing, I see
    > that all the operation must be typed in the terminal but I don' t know
    > what string I ' ve to use for compile one of the downloaded source
    > code. in linux we have to type ./config and then make but in solaris
    > it doesn' t work . Can someone explain ( step by step if possible )
    > what should I write in the terminal to compile a make a program
    > executable from when I open it until I ' ve compiled it ? ( all my
    > program are in the folder home/dowloads/) ...

    You will find the Solaris FAQ useful. Google for it, first hit. You will
    probably also want to read the Solaris x86 FAQ, shown as the 4th hit
    above.

  3. Re: help about compilation of a program

    bwe wrote:
    > Hi , I' m in Solaris 10 from 5 days and don't know nothing, I see
    > that all the operation must be typed in the terminal but I don' t know
    > what string I ' ve to use for compile one of the downloaded source
    > code. in linux we have to type ./config and then make but in solaris
    > it doesn' t work . Can someone explain ( step by step if possible )
    > what should I write in the terminal to compile a make a program
    > executable from when I open it until I ' ve compiled it ? ( all my
    > program are in the folder home/dowloads/) ...

    Assuming you already figured out how to unzip/untar the source code

    PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/sfw/bin; export PATH
    ../configure --prefix=/wherever/you/want/installed
    make
    make install

+ Reply to Thread