tja - Solaris

This is a discussion on tja - Solaris ; Wade Ward wrote: > "Ian Collins" wrote in message > news:5gcpvrF3f34gjU9@mid.individual.net... > > >> For home use, I'd recommend either Solaris Express or the current >> OpenSolaris release from opensolaris.org. > Gosh, I already made the download for solaris 10. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: tja

    Wade Ward wrote:
    > "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    >

    >> For home use, I'd recommend either Solaris Express or the current
    >> OpenSolaris release from opensolaris.org.

    > Gosh, I already made the download for solaris 10. It was what the checker
    > said would be a good fit. I don't know one from the other. What are the
    > plusses of Express or Opensolaris?

    You get all the latest new toys to play with long before they appear in
    Solaris, so you get a head start on the learning process. A prime
    example is the latest Gnome.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  2. Re: tja

    > Wade Ward wrote:
    >> "Ian Collins" wrote in message
    >>

    >>> For home use, I'd recommend either Solaris Express or the current
    >>> OpenSolaris release from opensolaris.org.

    >> Gosh, I already made the download for solaris 10. It was what the
    >> checker
    >> said would be a good fit. I don't know one from the other. What are the
    >> plusses of Express or Opensolaris?

    > You get all the latest new toys to play with long before they appear in
    > Solaris, so you get a head start on the learning process. A prime
    > example is the latest Gnome.

    I'll have *plenty* of things on my table for the learning process. I always
    like to stay a couple years behind the curve, so at the risk of sounding
    like I'm not taking your advice, I'll proceed with what I have:-)
    --
    WW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2