Lots of keys not working - Solaris

This is a discussion on Lots of keys not working - Solaris ; Our office just bought 15 new Ultra20 M2 systems. Most of us run the gnome desktop and unfortunately, a lot of the keys aren't working. Namely the sun keys on the left of the keyboard, the page up, down, and ...

  1. Lots of keys not working

    Our office just bought 15 new Ultra20 M2 systems. Most of us run the
    gnome desktop and unfortunately, a lot of the keys aren't working.
    Namely the sun keys on the left of the keyboard, the page up, down,
    and arrow keys. These are type 7 keyboards. We have an open call
    with SUN and so far no resolution. They sent replacements saying that
    the first generation of type 7 had issues (they sent ps2 style!).
    Then they sent out a tech with one they were sure that worked and no
    go. Now I'm not %100 sure but I am willing to get this is on gnome
    only but will have to wait till tomorrow to verify that. They are on
    the latest bios version and patches are up to date.

    Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

  2. Re: Lots of keys not working

    One update. Switching to CDE makes the keys on the left work (like
    FRONT, Cut, Paste) but the arrow keys, page up and down, etc still
    don't work.

    On Jul 16, 6:13 pm, Mary Kay wrote:
    > Our office just bought 15 new Ultra20 M2 systems. Most of us run the
    > gnome desktop and unfortunately, a lot of the keys aren't working.
    > Namely the sun keys on the left of the keyboard, the page up, down,
    > and arrow keys. These are type 7 keyboards. We have an open call
    > with SUN and so far no resolution. They sent replacements saying that
    > the first generation of type 7 had issues (they sent ps2 style!).
    > Then they sent out a tech with one they were sure that worked and no
    > go. Now I'm not %100 sure but I am willing to get this is on gnome
    > only but will have to wait till tomorrow to verify that. They are on
    > the latest bios version and patches are up to date.
    >
    > Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread