Running a script when Solaris10 has booted up - Solaris

This is a discussion on Running a script when Solaris10 has booted up - Solaris ; Hi, I need to run my robot's software when Solaris10 has booted up, but without requiring a user to have logged in, since there will be no keyboard or monitor. I have tried making a link from "/etc/rc2.d/ S95Bootup" to ...

  1. Running a script when Solaris10 has booted up

    Hi, I need to run my robot's software when Solaris10 has booted up,
    but without requiring a user to have logged in, since there will be no
    keyboard or monitor. I have tried making a link from "/etc/rc2.d/
    S95Bootup" to my script ("/export/home/root/bootup_script"), which has
    this in it:

    #!/sbin/sh
    echo "In bootup_script!"
    # Make a beep sound, to show that the robot has booted and is ready to
    roll.
    tput bel

    I know that Solaris10 does something with it, because if I look at the
    running services, it lists my S95Bootup as a deprecated service that
    is currently running. Does anyone know how to run a script upon
    bootup?

    Thanks,
    Shervin Emami.

  2. Re: Running a script when Solaris10 has booted up

    shervin.emami@gmail.com wrote:
    > I know that Solaris10 does something with it, because if I look at the
    > running services, it lists my S95Bootup as a deprecated service that
    > is currently running. Does anyone know how to run a script upon
    > bootup?

    You probably ARE running it. However, you're making the assumption that
    the output from the script goes the console, which is wrong.

    Try having the script touch a file in /tmp or something.

    --
    Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

+ Reply to Thread