dual head config for Nvidia on x86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on dual head config for Nvidia on x86 - Solaris ; Hi i have a Asus N6200TD128MB AGP Video card in my intel system running Solaris 8. With Solaris 10 there is a original nvidia driver to use for dual head under xorg. For several reasons i need to run solaris8 ...

  1. dual head config for Nvidia on x86

    Hi
    i have a Asus N6200TD128MB AGP Video card in my intel system running Solaris
    8.
    With Solaris 10 there is a original nvidia driver to use for dual head under
    xorg.
    For several reasons i need to run solaris8 and as the original driver from
    NVIDIA is not available for solaris 8 i use xfree86 (4.6) to work with this
    card.
    So far i did not succeed to have a config file that allows me to have
    1280x1024 + 1280x1024 on 8 bit colors or more, as it is supported under
    solaris 10.
    I have 2 LCD monitors connected, 1 VGA, 1 DVI.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Regards
    Michael

  2. Re: dual head config for Nvidia on x86

    "Michael Halada" writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |i have a Asus N6200TD128MB AGP Video card in my intel system running Solaris
    |8.
    |With Solaris 10 there is a original nvidia driver to use for dual head under
    |xorg.
    |For several reasons i need to run solaris8 and as the original driver from
    |NVIDIA is not available for solaris 8 i use xfree86 (4.6) to work with this
    |card.
    |So far i did not succeed to have a config file that allows me to have
    |1280x1024 + 1280x1024 on 8 bit colors or more, as it is supported under
    |solaris 10.
    |I have 2 LCD monitors connected, 1 VGA, 1 DVI.

    I don't think the XFree86 nv driver has ever had dual head support - the
    Xorg nv driver just got minimal dual head support in the last couple of
    months - before that, dual head for nvidia was limited to the closed
    source driver from nvidia only.

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/