Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent) - Solaris

This is a discussion on Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent) - Solaris ; Hi, A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he forgot to tell me to ...

  1. Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    Hi,
    A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.

    I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    previously installed Solaris OS.

    Is it possible?

    Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent

    Thanks
    Danish

  2. Re: Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    On 5 juil, 12:44, Danish wrote:
    > Hi,
    > A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    > Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    > install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    > forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.
    >
    > I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    > OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    > previously installed Solaris OS.
    >
    > Is it possible?
    >
    > Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent
    >
    > Thanks
    > Danish

    If you don't have backups, forgett it. :-((
    Zoot

  3. Re: Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    Danish wrote:
    > Hi,
    > A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    > Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    > install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    > forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.
    >
    > I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    > OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    > previously installed Solaris OS.
    >
    > Is it possible?
    >
    > Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent

    Were all data on the same disks?

  4. Re: Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    On Jul 5, 5:56 pm, "Thommy M." wrote:
    > Danish wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    > > Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    > > install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    > > forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.

    > > I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    > > OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    > > previously installed Solaris OS.

    > > Is it possible?

    > > Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent

    > Were all data on the same disks?

    Yes

  5. Re: Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    Danish wrote:
    > On Jul 5, 5:56 pm, "Thommy M." wrote:
    >> Danish wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    >>> Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    >>> install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    >>> forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.
    >>> I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    >>> OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    >>> previously installed Solaris OS.
    >>> Is it possible?
    >>> Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent

    >> Were all data on the same disks?

    > Yes

    Then you're out of luck I guess.

  6. Re: Recover lost data under Solaris10 intel (Urgent)

    On Jul 5, 11:44 am, Danish wrote:
    > Hi,
    > A certain project has been running in my company. I was told by the
    > Project Manager to format a Solaris10 (intel platform) OS, and
    > install a fresh copy of Solaris10(intel) over it. Unfortunately he
    > forgot to tell me to take a backup of certain files.
    >
    > I formatted the machine and reinstalled a fresh copy of the Solaris
    > OS. Now, he wants me to see if I can recover the data from the
    > previously installed Solaris OS.
    >
    > Is it possible?
    >
    > Would be great if it could be recovered. Kinda urgent
    >
    > Thanks
    > Danish

    Your data is gone the way of the Dodo Bird...

+ Reply to Thread