Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ? - Solaris

This is a discussion on Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ? - Solaris ; Does anyone know if the flash player 9 plugin is still available for Solaris 10 x86? It seems that there is no link to the beta version anymore from: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/ When I go to the Adobe flash player download center ...

  1. Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ?

    Does anyone know if the flash player 9 plugin is
    still available for Solaris 10 x86? It seems that
    there is no link to the beta version anymore from:
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

    When I go to the Adobe flash player download center I only
    get directed to the Sparc version of flash player 7.

  2. Re: Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ?

    On Jul 3, 7:37 pm, KarlD wrote:
    > Does anyone know if the flash player 9 plugin is
    > still available for Solaris 10 x86? It seems that
    > there is no link to the beta version anymore from:http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
    >
    > When I go to the Adobe flash player download center I only
    > get directed to the Sparc version of flash player 7.

    I have had problems with my flash player too. I have Flash 7 installed
    and everything was working fine, but now when i hit certain sites,
    it's prompting me to upgrade to the latest version of flash. ( which
    is 7 for Solaris x86 )

    Anyone know if there is a newer version of flash for Solaris ?

  3. Re: Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ?

    Franco wrote:
    > On Jul 3, 7:37 pm, KarlD wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if the flash player 9 plugin is
    >> still available for Solaris 10 x86? It seems that
    >> there is no link to the beta version anymore from:http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
    >>
    >> When I go to the Adobe flash player download center I only
    >> get directed to the Sparc version of flash player 7.

    > I have had problems with my flash player too. I have Flash 7 installed
    > and everything was working fine, but now when i hit certain sites,
    > it's prompting me to upgrade to the latest version of flash. ( which
    > is 7 for Solaris x86 )
    >
    > Anyone know if there is a newer version of flash for Solaris ?

    http://www.mail-archive.com/opensola.../msg24748.html

  4. Re: Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ?

    On Jul 4, 2:17 am, Franco wrote:

    > I have had problems with my flash player too. I have Flash 7 installed
    > and everything was working fine, but now when i hit certain sites,
    > it's prompting me to upgrade to the latest version of flash. ( which
    > is 7 for Solaris x86 )
    >
    > Anyone know if there is a newer version of flash for Solaris ?

    I got a beta version of Flash player 9 (Ver. d51) on the
    adobe labs site above but I was thinking about switching back
    to a the stable Version 7 since this beta version seems to
    be very buggy and hangs on many youtube videos under
    firefox 2.0.0.3. It even fails playing some version 7 compatible
    videos that worked before I upgraded.

    Don't know if this beta version works better under Mozilla
    browser? Send me an e-mail if you want to try this
    beta flash player version 9.

    I noticed that Solaris 10 11/06 actually comes with a stable
    Flash Player 7 so if someone starts Mozilla, it will work out of
    the box for player 7 compatible videos. The problem is with
    the newer version 9 specific format, which some web sites
    started using.

  5. Re: Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 ?

    Flash player 9 for Solaris x86 is out of beta and is now available on the normal Adobe Flash download site. If you go here while
    running a browser in Solaris x86, you will be presented with the Solaris x86 version to download:

    http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/downl...ShockwaveFlash

    The site sniffs the browser to detect what OS you're running.

    KarlD wrote:
    > Does anyone know if the flash player 9 plugin is
    > still available for Solaris 10 x86? It seems that
    > there is no link to the beta version anymore from:
    > http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
    >
    > When I go to the Adobe flash player download center I only
    > get directed to the Sparc version of flash player 7.

+ Reply to Thread