X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable? - Solaris

This is a discussion on X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable? - Solaris ; Hi to all, Does anybody know how to enable X terminal root login from another PC with Windows or Solaris? Currently i can log on only as user. I have Solaris 10 x86 U3 Best regards -- Artur DÍbski http://pl.solaris-x86.org...

  1. X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable?

    --
    Artur DÍbski
    http://pl.solaris-x86.org

  2. Re: X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable?

    Artur D?bski wrote:
    > Does anybody know how to
    > enable X terminal root login from
    > another PC with Windows
    > or Solaris?

    Check the file /etc/default/login. Specifically the "CONSOLE" variable.

    However, this is almost certainly a very bad idea. Some companies would
    end your employment if they caught you doing that.

    > Currently i can log on only as user.

    That's the way it's supposed to be. Learn to use 'su'.

    --
    Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

  3. Re: X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable?

    On Jun 28, 3:27 am, hume.spamfil...@bofh.ca wrote:
    > Artur D?bski wrote:
    > > Does anybody know how to
    > > enable X terminal root login from
    > > another PC with Windows
    > > or Solaris?

    > Check the file /etc/default/login. Specifically the "CONSOLE" variable.
    > However, this is almost certainly a very bad idea. Some companies would
    > end your employment if they caught you doing that.

    I wish
    You must have, in the past or present, worked for clueful employers! :

    A real clueby4 employer would also fire multi-posters too : /

    > > Currently i can log on only as user.

    > That's the way it's supposed to be. Learn to use 'su'.

    Aw but that SO inconvenient.. Especially for WinBlow$ folks

  4. Re: X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable?

    On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:28:04 +0200, Artur DÍbski wrote:

    >Hi to all,
    >
    >Does anybody know how to
    >enable X terminal root login from
    >another PC with Windows
    >or Solaris?
    >
    >Currently i can log on only as user.
    >
    >I have Solaris 10 x86 U3

    It can't be done, but you can su after logon.

    >Best regards
    >
    >--
    >Artur DÍbski

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism

  5. Re: X terminal root login over LAN - how to enable?

    Barry OGrady wrote:
    > On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:28:04 +0200, Artur DÍbski wrote:
    >

    >>Hi to all,
    >>
    >>Does anybody know how to
    >>enable X terminal root login from
    >>another PC with Windows
    >>or Solaris?
    >>
    >>Currently i can log on only as user.
    >>
    >>I have Solaris 10 x86 U3

    > It can't be done, but you can su after logon.

    Surely it can be done. Whether it's a good idea is another question.