NIC setup for snv_64a - Solaris

This is a discussion on NIC setup for snv_64a - Solaris ; I installed version snv_64a on a HP dc7600. I was not asked about my NIC at all. And IPVI was automatically chosen. I reset my settings as usual: make a new defaultrouter under /etc, change nsswitch.conf to nsswitch.dns. But this ...

  1. NIC setup for snv_64a

    I installed version snv_64a on a HP dc7600. I was not asked about my
    NIC at all. And IPVI was automatically chosen. I reset my settings as
    usual: make a new defaultrouter under /etc, change nsswitch.conf to
    nsswitch.dns. But this time it does not work at all. My NIC(bge0) has
    to be activated by hand everytime I boot my machine. How can I overcome
    this situation? Does anyone has similar experience before?

    Regards,
    shizoom

  2. Re: NIC setup for snv_64a

    nemo writes:

    > I installed version snv_64a on a HP dc7600. I was not asked about
    > my NIC at all.

    A known problem. Choose option 2 or lower _or_ do a sys-unconf
    afterwards. You will be fine then.

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 05/07 ++

+ Reply to Thread