reg. Increasing Partion space - Solaris

This is a discussion on reg. Increasing Partion space - Solaris ; hI, iM VERY NEW TO SOLARIS OR UNIX.... iM TRYING TO INSTALL ORACLE 10G ON SOLARIS 10 X86. DURING THE INSTALLATION IM GETTING A ERROR/ WARNING THAT SPACE REQUIREMENTS : NEEDED - 1.39 GB AVAILABLE - 1.29 GB I DONT ...

  1. reg. Increasing Partion space

    hI,

    iM VERY NEW TO SOLARIS OR UNIX....

    iM TRYING TO INSTALL ORACLE 10G ON SOLARIS 10 X86. DURING THE
    INSTALLATION IM GETTING A ERROR/ WARNING THAT
    SPACE REQUIREMENTS :
    NEEDED - 1.39 GB
    AVAILABLE - 1.29 GB

    I DONT KNOW HOW TO INCREASE THE PARTION SPACE.....

    PLZ HELP

    PRASAD

  2. Re: reg. Increasing Partion space

    On Jun 25, 12:26 am, calmsqur...@gmail.com wrote:
    > hI,
    > iM VERY NEW TO SOLARIS OR UNIX....

    You say something similar all your posts : /

    > iM TRYING TO INSTALL ORACLE 10G ON SOLARIS 10 X86. DURING THE
    > INSTALLATION IM GETTING A ERROR/ WARNING THAT
    > SPACE REQUIREMENTS :
    > NEEDED - 1.39 GB
    > AVAILABLE - 1.29 GB
    > I DONT KNOW HOW TO INCREASE THE PARTION SPACE.....

    I dont know how you expect to run Oracle with the current config.

    > PLZ HELP

    Estimate your real disk space requirements then do a fresh install and
    partition accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread