gdb under solaris - Solaris

This is a discussion on gdb under solaris - Solaris ; Hi, Apologising for asking such a simple question. But Ive just installed Solaris on an x86 intel PC. I want to use the gdb to debug a C program that my friend built. I was able to locate gcc after ...

  1. gdb under solaris

    Hi,
    Apologising for asking such a simple question. But Ive just installed
    Solaris on an x86 intel PC.
    I want to use the gdb to debug a C program that my friend built. I was
    able to locate gcc after a lot of head banging under the /usr/sfw/bin
    directory but couldnt locate gdb,

    Please advise me with your suggestions of how to locate gdb and
    softwares in general.

    I'm using Solaris 10

    Thanks

    Danish

  2. Re: gdb under solaris

    Danish wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Apologising for asking such a simple question. But Ive just installed
    > Solaris on an x86 intel PC.
    > I want to use the gdb to debug a C program that my friend built. I was
    > able to locate gcc after a lot of head banging under the /usr/sfw/bin
    > directory but couldnt locate gdb,
    >
    > Please advise me with your suggestions of how to locate gdb and
    > softwares in general.
    >
    > I'm using Solaris 10

    It should be there in /usr/sfw/bin.

    The alternative is to install Sun Studio.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: gdb under solaris

    On Jun 20, 10:24 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    > Danish wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Apologising for asking such a simple question. But Ive just installed
    > > Solaris on an x86 intel PC.
    > > I want to use the gdb to debug a C program that my friend built. I was
    > > able to locate gcc after a lot of head banging under the /usr/sfw/bin
    > > directory but couldnt locate gdb,

    > > Please advise me with your suggestions of how to locate gdb and
    > > softwares in general.

    > > I'm using Solaris 10

    > It should be there in /usr/sfw/bin.
    >
    > The alternative is to install Sun Studio.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.
    > The alternative is to install Sun Studio

    Thought I would search on the net on how to install Sun Studio, but
    can u please guide me on how to install it

    Thanks
    Danish

  4. Re: gdb under solaris

    On 2007-06-20 07:02:29 +0100, Danish said:

    > Thought I would search on the net on how to install Sun Studio, but
    > can u please guide me on how to install it

    Try googling for "installing sun studio 12".

    Cheers,

    Chris

  5. Re: gdb under solaris

    Danish wrote:
    > On Jun 20, 10:24 am, Ian Collins wrote:
    >> Danish wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> Apologising for asking such a simple question. But Ive just installed
    >>> Solaris on an x86 intel PC.
    >>> I want to use the gdb to debug a C program that my friend built. I was
    >>> able to locate gcc after a lot of head banging under the /usr/sfw/bin
    >>> directory but couldnt locate gdb,
    >>> Please advise me with your suggestions of how to locate gdb and
    >>> softwares in general.
    >>> I'm using Solaris 10

    >> It should be there in /usr/sfw/bin.
    >>
    >> The alternative is to install Sun Studio.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ian Collins.
    >> The alternative is to install Sun Studio

    > Thought I would search on the net on how to install Sun Studio, but
    > can u please guide me on how to install it

    I don't think u posts here any more.

    Download it, extract it and run the installer.

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread