increase tmp size? - Solaris

This is a discussion on increase tmp size? - Solaris ; Hi, can someone please tell me how to increase tmp size. I am trying to install oracle 10 on solaris 10 but am getting an error saying tmp is not big enough. Is it easier to make another temporary directory ...

  1. increase tmp size?

    Hi,
    can someone please tell me how to increase tmp size.
    I am trying to install oracle 10 on solaris 10 but am getting an error
    saying tmp is not big enough.
    Is it easier to make another temporary directory nad symbolically link to
    tmp?
    If so could someone please help with the commands on how to do this, have
    searched the man pages with no luck.
    regards
    Eric

  2. Re: increase tmp size?

    There is an article here which outlines the steps
    "

  3. Re: increase tmp size?

    here is the missing bit
    http://dn.codegear.com/article/25094

  4. Re: increase tmp size?

    Eric wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can someone please tell me how to increase tmp size.
    > I am trying to install oracle 10 on solaris 10 but am getting an error
    > saying tmp is not big enough.
    > Is it easier to make another temporary directory nad symbolically link to
    > tmp?
    > If so could someone please help with the commands on how to do this, have
    > searched the man pages with no luck.
    > regards
    > Eric

    Hi,
    /tmp on Solaris is a memory based file system.
    You can increase the size of /tmp by adding memory or increasing swap.
    mkfile 200m /bigslice/swap
    /usr/sbin/swap -a /bigslice/swap
    Cheers
    Richard

  5. Re: increase tmp size?

    Eric wrote:
    > Hi,
    > can someone please tell me how to increase tmp size.
    > I am trying to install oracle 10 on solaris 10 but am getting an error
    > saying tmp is not big enough.
    > Is it easier to make another temporary directory nad symbolically link to
    > tmp?
    > If so could someone please help with the commands on how to do this, have
    > searched the man pages with no luck.
    > regards
    > Eric

    you don't need to increase the tmp size.
    Oracle installer looks for a environment variable TMP and TEMP
    and only if these are not present it uses /tmp for temp files

    in your oracle account export TMP and TEMP with a path to a dir
    with 1 or better 2GB free space and rerun the installer

    Sven

+ Reply to Thread