Stoopid Noob Move - Solaris

This is a discussion on Stoopid Noob Move - Solaris ; Long story short.. I mv'd a file to /etc/default/tar, thinking that was a directory. Well, of course, it's not a directory so I overwrote the file tar. What's the easiest way of getting it back? Copy from another Solaris box ...

  1. Stoopid Noob Move

    Long story short.. I mv'd a file to /etc/default/tar, thinking that was a
    directory. Well, of course, it's not a directory so I overwrote the file
    tar. What's the easiest way of getting it back? Copy from another Solaris
    box or copy from Solaris DVD?

    Thanks,

    Lang

  2. Re: Stoopid Noob Move

    Lang Murphy a écrit :
    > Long story short.. I mv'd a file to /etc/default/tar, thinking that was a
    > directory. Well, of course, it's not a directory so I overwrote the file
    > tar. What's the easiest way of getting it back? Copy from another Solaris
    > box or copy from Solaris DVD?

    This file is never used, unless tar get no 'f' option or get a numerical
    option, both unlikely events.

    Anyway, /etc/default/tar contains this:

    http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xr...md/tar/tar.dfl

  3. Re: Stoopid Noob Move

    Jean-Louis Liagre wrote:
    > Lang Murphy a écrit :
    >
    >> Long story short.. I mv'd a file to /etc/default/tar, thinking that
    >> was a directory. Well, of course, it's not a directory so I overwrote
    >> the file tar. What's the easiest way of getting it back? Copy from
    >> another Solaris box or copy from Solaris DVD?

    > This file is never used, unless tar get no 'f' option or get a numerical
    > option, both unlikely events.
    >
    > Anyway, /etc/default/tar contains this:
    >
    > http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xr...md/tar/tar.dfl

    Thanks for the reply... I found another copy on the same seat, so just
    copied it back to the original location.

    Lang

+ Reply to Thread