Fonts in PDF's - Solaris

This is a discussion on Fonts in PDF's - Solaris ; I downloaded a bunch of PDF's from Sun's site to learn about Solaris 10. Many of the PDF's appear in a font that is almost unreadable. Very goofy circus type (for want of a better description...). Not all of the ...

  1. Fonts in PDF's

    I downloaded a bunch of PDF's from Sun's site to learn about Solaris 10.
    Many of the PDF's appear in a font that is almost unreadable. Very goofy
    circus type (for want of a better description...). Not all of the Sun
    PDF's, but many of them. It happens in both Solaris VM's I have running
    here; one running CDE, the other Java Desktop.

    And... when I try to open the Font Administrator in CDE... it pops for a
    second, never populates the currently installed fonts box and closes
    without any prompting from me.

    And, yes, I searched this NG for answers but the last font thread in
    here was almost 2 years ago... (!)

    Thanks,

    Lang

  2. Re: Fonts in PDF's

    quoting Lang Murphy (Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:18:43 -0400):
    > I downloaded a bunch of PDF's from Sun's site to learn about Solaris 10.
    > Many of the PDF's appear in a font that is almost unreadable. Very goofy
    > circus type (for want of a better description...). Not all of the Sun
    > PDF's, but many of them. It happens in both Solaris VM's I have running
    > here; one running CDE, the other Java Desktop.

    Use kpdf (KDE) or xpdf. They show the pdffiles just fine. The pdfviewer
    in Nevada is also very good. Gnome PDF viewer from S10U3 sucks.

    --
    Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
    ++ http://nagual.nl/ | Solaris 10 11/06 ++

+ Reply to Thread