Problems with Grub - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problems with Grub - Solaris ; I installed Solaris 10 x86 11/06 on my Sony Pentium 4 desktop PC that has Windows XP installed on a first partition of the C: drive. Everytyhing went O.K. except that when system rebooted and Grub appeared, it does not ...

  1. Problems with Grub

    I installed Solaris 10 x86 11/06 on my Sony Pentium 4 desktop PC that
    has Windows XP installed on a first partition of the C: drive.
    Everytyhing went O.K. except that when system rebooted and Grub
    appeared, it does not have Windows
    as a bootable choice but Solaris 10, Safe Mode and Dignostic
    Partition.

    Upon selecting Diagnostic Partition, Blue Screen of Death appears with
    "fatal system error" on the screen.

    Solaris 10 boots O.K. but I would like to be able to login onto my
    Windows system again.
    Solaris was installed as a second OS on a C: drive replacing Linux
    that I used for almost two years.

    I could not find any document on google on how to proceed in order to
    recover capability to boot Windows
    and have my computer dual bootable for forseeable future.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Kerti

  2. Re: Problems with Grub

    On Mar 21, 4:34 pm, and...@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel)
    wrote:
    > In article <1174507436.049090.95...@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.c om>,
    > "Kerti" writes:
    >
    > > I installed Solaris 10 x86 11/06 on my Sony Pentium 4 desktop PC that
    > > has Windows XP installed on a first partition of the C: drive.
    > > Everytyhing went O.K. except that when system rebooted and Grub
    > > appeared, it does not have Windows
    > > as a bootable choice but Solaris 10, Safe Mode and Dignostic
    > > Partition.

    > Please post the output from:
    >
    > fdisk -W - /dev/rdsk/c0d0p0
    >
    > (might need c1 or c2, depending on the controller number of your boot disk)

    Sorry, but at what point command above should be executed?
    How do you get to the command line which enables you to execute
    it?

    Thanks!

    Kerti
    > Andrew Gabriel
    > [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

+ Reply to Thread