SVOSUG Network Auto-Magic - Thurs. Mar. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03 - Solaris

This is a discussion on SVOSUG Network Auto-Magic - Thurs. Mar. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03 - Solaris ; SVOSUG has what I consider a special meeting this month. John Beck will be giving a presentation on his OpenSolaris project, Network Auto-Magic. You can read about this project on the OpenSolaris webpage at: http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/nwam/ The reason this is such ...

  1. SVOSUG Network Auto-Magic - Thurs. Mar. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03

    SVOSUG has what I consider a special meeting this month.

    John Beck will be giving a presentation on his OpenSolaris project,
    Network Auto-Magic. You can read about this project on the OpenSolaris
    webpage at:

    http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/nwam/

    The reason this is such a special meeting to me is that Solaris/
    OpenSolaris has been known for being a server product, and user
    applications have not been a primary focus. The Network Auto-Magic is
    to automate network configuration, something that is of need for
    mobile computers.

    This project does represent a milestone event for OpenSolaris! It
    seems Sun dropped support for laptops in Solaris 8 on x86, the latest
    builds of Solaris/OpenSolaris do in fact run much better on laptops,
    and a lot of work has gone into the code to help out. The Network Auto-
    Magic project really does represent the evolution of Solaris/
    OpenSolaris as we are seeing it change and wherever it will go.

    This should prove to be a very interesting talk, please feel free to
    call-in
    if you're not in the area. I'm told the polycoms will be setup around
    the room. This will allow for a more interactive environment for the
    folks that call-in.

    For those in need of something special, John likes plain M&Ms!

    When: Thursday, Mar. 22nd, 2007
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    What: Network Auto-Magic
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf

    Call-in Info:

    Toll Free: 866-545-5227
    Intnl/pay: 865-673-6950
    Conference: 809-64-14

  2. Re: SVOSUG Network Auto-Magic - Thurs. Mar. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03

    *** REMINDER *** REMINDER *** REMINDER *** REMINDER ***

    On Mar 19, 6:25 am, "Alan DuBoff" wrote:
    > SVOSUG has what I consider a special meeting this month.
    >
    > John Beck will be giving a presentation on his OpenSolaris project,
    > Network Auto-Magic. You can read about this project on the OpenSolaris
    > webpage at:
    >
    > http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/nwam/
    >
    > The reason this is such a special meeting to me is that Solaris/
    > OpenSolaris has been known for being a server product, and user
    > applications have not been a primary focus. The Network Auto-Magic is
    > to automate network configuration, something that is of need for
    > mobile computers.
    >
    > This project does represent a milestone event for OpenSolaris! It
    > seems Sun dropped support for laptops in Solaris 8 on x86, the latest
    > builds of Solaris/OpenSolaris do in fact run much better on laptops,
    > and a lot of work has gone into the code to help out. The Network Auto-
    > Magic project really does represent the evolution of Solaris/
    > OpenSolaris as we are seeing it change and wherever it will go.
    >
    > This should prove to be a very interesting talk, please feel free to
    > call-in
    > if you're not in the area. I'm told the polycoms will be setup around
    > the room. This will allow for a more interactive environment for the
    > folks that call-in.
    >
    > For those in need of something special, John likes plain M&Ms!
    >
    > When: Thursday, Mar. 22nd, 2007
    > Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    > What: Network Auto-Magic
    > Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    > Map:http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf
    >
    > Call-in Info: