pico editor for Solaris 10 X86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on pico editor for Solaris 10 X86 - Solaris ; Hello: I need a copy of the pico editor that runs on Solaris 10, X86. Pico is usually bundled with the pine editor. I tried downloading pine directly from the source but it will not compile properly. A package version ...

  1. pico editor for Solaris 10 X86

    Hello:

    I need a copy of the pico editor that runs on Solaris 10, X86.
    Pico is usually bundled with the pine editor.
    I tried downloading pine directly from the source but it will not
    compile properly.

    A package version is preferred.

    Please respond to lratzan@gmail.com
    Thank you

    Lee Ratzan, Ph.D

  2. Re: pico editor for Solaris 10 X86

    On 15 Mar 2007 08:26:17 -0700
    lratzan@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I need a copy of the pico editor that runs on Solaris 10, X86.
    > Pico is usually bundled with the pine editor.
    > I tried downloading pine directly from the source but it will not
    > compile properly.
    >
    > A package version is preferred.
    >
    > Please respond to lratzan@gmail.com
    > Thank you
    >
    > Lee Ratzan, Ph.D

    Hi
    Sunfreeware http://sunfreeware.com/indexintel10.html and
    Blastwave http://www.blastwave.org/packages.php include pico
    with pine.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.27-0.9-smp

  3. Re: pico editor for Solaris 10 X86

    On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 lratzan@gmail.com wrote:

    > I need a copy of the pico editor that runs on Solaris 10, X86.
    > Pico is usually bundled with the pine editor.
    > I tried downloading pine directly from the source but it will not
    > compile properly.

    You should be able to build pine and pico as so:

    ../build DEBUG=-O EXTRACFLAGS="-xarch=amd64" EXTRALDFLAGS="-xarch=amd64" soc

    But I'd recommend nano instead of pine anyway:

    http://www.nano-editor.org/

    --
    Liam

+ Reply to Thread