How to stop CDE - Solaris

This is a discussion on How to stop CDE - Solaris ; I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from starting automatically while I am installing it???...

  1. How to stop CDE

    I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am
    installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from
    starting automatically while I am installing it???

  2. Re: How to stop CDE

    Alice_Rutherford@excite.com wrote:
    > I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am
    > installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from
    > starting automatically while I am installing it???

    Select a text only install.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: How to stop CDE

    Hi run: # dtconfig -d

    Mariano

  4. Re: How to stop CDE

    On Mar 4, 8:25 pm, Ian Collins wrote:
    > Alice_Rutherf...@excite.com wrote:
    > > I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am
    > > installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from
    > > starting automatically while I am installing it???

    > Select a text only install.
    >
    > --
    > Ian Collins.

    At what stage can that be selected? I installed "via" the text based
    interface and not the gui, but, I'm assuming that you mean something
    else.

  5. Re: How to stop CDE

    Alice_Rutherford@excite.com writes:

    > At what stage can that be selected? I installed "via" the text based
    > interface and not the gui, but, I'm assuming that you mean something
    > else.

    AFAIK the menu after booting from the CD/DVD gives you a multiple
    choice dialog, two of those entries are text-based installation in a
    xterm or text-based installation without X.

    I don't know the exakt item description, but on the 06/06 installer, the
    second text-installation entry was the right one.

    Sebastian

  6. Re: How to stop CDE

    > At what stage can that be selected? I installed "via" the text based
    > interface and not the gui, but, I'm assuming that you mean something
    > else.

    for x86, when you see
    1. Solaris Interactive (default)
    2. Custom JumpStart
    3. Solaris Interactive Text (Desktop session)
    4. Solaris Interactive Text (Console session)
    5. Apply driver updates
    6. Single user shell
    select 4

    for SPARC, {0} ok boot cdrom - nowin

    Victor

  7. Re: How to stop CDE

    On Mar 4, 8:41 pm, Alice_Rutherf...@excite.com wrote:
    > I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am
    > installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from
    > starting automatically while I am installing it???

    Will this still work?

    boot cdrom - text

    Got it from http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819...8onr7p6?a=view

    Cheers,

    Chris

  8. Re: How to stop CDE

    On 7 mar, 06:33, "ChrisS" wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 8:41 pm, Alice_Rutherf...@excite.com wrote:
    >
    > > I wanna be able to stop CDE from starting automatically. I am
    > > installing Solaris 10 from CD rom's, is there any way to stop CDE from
    > > starting automatically while I am installing it???

    > Will this still work?
    >
    > boot cdrom - text
    >
    > Got it fromhttp://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-6764/6n8onr7p6?a=view
    >
    > Cheers,