[SVOSUG] InfiniBand - Thurs. Feb. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03 - Solaris

This is a discussion on [SVOSUG] InfiniBand - Thurs. Feb. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03 - Solaris ; SVOSUG is pleased to announce Carl Henslor, Sun Distinguished Engineer, who will be speaking on InfiniBand. At last month's meeting Ben Rockwood mentioned their use of iSCSI, and I thought the timing was good as I had been asking Carl ...

  1. [SVOSUG] InfiniBand - Thurs. Feb. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03

    SVOSUG is pleased to announce Carl Henslor, Sun Distinguished
    Engineer, who
    will be speaking on InfiniBand. At last month's meeting Ben Rockwood
    mentioned their use of iSCSI, and I thought the timing was good as I
    had been
    asking Carl to speak to SVOSUG for a while, and Carl had just offered
    speak shortly before.

    Carl will give a rundown on InfiniBand on Solaris/OpenSolaris and how
    it fits
    in for current and future needs. A very interesting space with quite a
    few
    big players in the InfiniBand Trade Association.

    This should prove to be a very interesting talk, please feel free to
    call-in
    if you're not in the area. I'm going to try and have the polycom setup
    to see
    if that will allow better call-in interaction.

    When: Thursday, Feb. 22nd, 2007
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    What: InfiniBand
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf

    Call-in Info:

    Toll Free: 866-545-5227
    Intnl/pay: 865-673-6950
    Conference: 809-64-14

  2. Re: InfiniBand - Thurs. Feb. 22nd, 7:30pm - SCA03

    **** REMINDER *** REMINDER *** REMINDER *** REMINDER ***

    Tonight!

    On Feb 20, 2:22 am, "Alan DuBoff" wrote:
    > SVOSUG is pleased to announce Carl Henslor, Sun Distinguished
    > Engineer, who
    > will be speaking on InfiniBand. At last month's meeting Ben Rockwood
    > mentioned their use of iSCSI, and I thought the timing was good as I
    > had been
    > asking Carl to speak to SVOSUG for a while, and Carl had just offered
    > speak shortly before.
    >
    > Carl will give a rundown on InfiniBand on Solaris/OpenSolaris and how
    > it fits
    > in for current and future needs. A very interesting space with quite a
    > few
    > big players in the InfiniBand Trade Association.
    >
    > This should prove to be a very interesting talk, please feel free to
    > call-in
    > if you're not in the area. I'm going to try and have the polycom setup
    > to see
    > if that will allow better call-in interaction.
    >
    > When: Thursday, Feb. 22nd, 2007
    > Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (SCA03 upstairs)
    > What: InfiniBand
    > Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    > Map:http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf
    >
    > Call-in Info: