software install preference - Solaris

This is a discussion on software install preference - Solaris ; Which is the preferred method of installing SunStudio11? Just got thru installing Solaris and works pretty good....

  1. software install preference

    Which is the preferred method of installing SunStudio11?

    Just got thru installing Solaris and works pretty good.

  2. Re: software install preference

    Maverick wrote:
    > Which is the preferred method of installing SunStudio11?

    Running the installer?

    > Just got thru installing Solaris and works pretty good.

    The Studio tools are included in the latest Express Community builds.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: software install preference

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > Maverick wrote:
    >
    >>Which is the preferred method of installing SunStudio11?
    >>

    > Running the installer?
    >

    >>Just got thru installing Solaris and works pretty good.

    > The Studio tools are included in the latest Express Community builds.

    I didn't know that.

    But the last time I ran that installer, it never added the packages to
    the database.
    And it is hard to uninstall if it isn't in the database when you make a
    mistake in a path.

  4. Re: software install preference

    Maverick wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    >> Maverick wrote:
    >>
    >>> Which is the preferred method of installing SunStudio11?
    >>>

    >> Running the installer?
    >>
    >>> Just got thru installing Solaris and works pretty good.

    >> The Studio tools are included in the latest Express Community builds.
    >>

    > I didn't know that.
    >
    > But the last time I ran that installer, it never added the packages to
    > the database.
    > And it is hard to uninstall if it isn't in the database when you make a
    > mistake in a path.

    The installer installs uninstall scripts under

    /var/sadm/prod/com.sun.studio_11/

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread