apache on solris 9 x86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on apache on solris 9 x86 - Solaris ; hi i am trying to install apache 2.2 on solaris 9 and getting following error: *************************************** checking for APR... reconfig configuring package in srclib/apr now checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9 checking target system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9 ...

  1. apache on solris 9 x86

    ***************************************
    checking for APR... reconfig
    configuring package in srclib/apr now
    checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
    checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
    checking target system type... i386-pc-solaris2.9
    Configuring APR library
    Platform: i386-pc-solaris2.9
    checking for working mkdir -p... yes
    APR Version: 1.2.8
    checking for chosen layout... apr
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
    C compiler cannot create executables
    See `config.log' for more details.
    configure failed for srclib/apr
    ***************************************
    i already have installed gcc 3.3.2 and my path is also pointing
    towards LD_LIBRARY_PATH and gcc and /usr/ccs/bin, etc.

    what else do i need to do to install ?

    any help ?

    thanks

  2. Re: apache on solris 9 x86

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, mukki wrote:

    > checking for gcc... gcc

    Not the cause of your problem, but I recommend using Sun's Studio
    compiler rather than gcc. Studio is a free download from Sun.

    > checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
    > C compiler cannot create executables

    You probably have /usr/ucb in your PATH, and/or don't have /usr/ccs/bin
    in your PATH.

    > i already have installed gcc 3.3.2 and my path is also pointing
    > towards LD_LIBRARY_PATH and gcc and /usr/ccs/bin, etc.

    LD_LIBRARY_PATH should not be set to anything, and PATH doesn't point
    there either. You've got /usr/ccs/bin, so that's a good.

    Have a read of this document I wrote, called "Building Software on the
    Solaris OS":

    http://developers.sun.com/solaris/ar...n_solaris.html

    HTH,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638

  3. Re: apache on solris 9 x86

    Rich Teer wrote:
    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, mukki wrote:
    >

    >>checking for gcc... gcc

    > Not the cause of your problem, but I recommend using Sun's Studio
    > compiler rather than gcc. Studio is a free download from Sun.
    >

    >>checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
    >>C compiler cannot create executables

    > You probably have /usr/ucb in your PATH, and/or don't have /usr/ccs/bin
    > in your PATH.
    >

    >>i already have installed gcc 3.3.2 and my path is also pointing
    >>towards LD_LIBRARY_PATH and gcc and /usr/ccs/bin, etc.

    > LD_LIBRARY_PATH should not be set to anything, and PATH doesn't point
    > there either. You've got /usr/ccs/bin, so that's a good.
    >
    > Have a read of this document I wrote, called "Building Software on the
    > Solaris OS":
    >
    > http://developers.sun.com/solaris/ar...n_solaris.html

    Thnx for the url rich.

    I just got thru installing the latest solaris on this old IBM.
    Works pretty good and does run faster than Suse Linux from Novell on
    this old machine.

+ Reply to Thread