programming in C/C++ - Solaris

This is a discussion on programming in C/C++ - Solaris ; "Huub" wrote in message news:45465370$0$12511$847b8a10@dreader23... >> >> Yep, Sun Studio. >> > > Ok, got it installed and working. Question though: on Linux I'm used to > use #include and #include for C and C++ respectively. > cc gives the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: programming in C/C++

    "Huub" <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote in message

    >> Yep, Sun Studio.
    >>

    > Ok, got it installed and working. Question though: on Linux I'm used to
    > use #include and #include for C and C++ respectively.
    > cc gives the error it can't find stdio.h. Does Solaris use another
    > library? Or is this something extra I have to install?

    For solaris, try the option "-Wno-deprecated" with the gcc compiler.

  2. Re: programming in C/C++

    Huub <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> writes in alt.solaris.x86:
    |> As you know what they are, pkgadd them from the install media. I'm not
    |> sure which CD, but look in the Product directories.
    |>

    |Ok. Found them on disk4, but
    |
    |# pkgadd -d SUNWarc/
    |pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in
    |

    |and
    |
    |# pkgadd -d . SUNWarc/
    |pkgadd: ERROR: no package associated with

    pkgadd -d . SUNWarc
    (Install the package named "SUNWarc" from the current directory. There
    is no package named "SUNWarc/".)

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/