Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start - Solaris

This is a discussion on Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start - Solaris ; Hello, Could any one help with my problem in Solaris10 x86, I appreciate it very much? - I installed Solaris10 x86 6/06 on my Intel Duo Core 512MB 250GB (with onboard Audio/Video/Ethernet) - After the installation Solaris starts only in ...

  1. Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start

    Hello,

    Could any one help with my problem in Solaris10 x86, I appreciate it
    very much?

    - I installed Solaris10 x86 6/06 on my Intel Duo Core 512MB 250GB (with
    onboard Audio/Video/Ethernet)
    - After the installation Solaris starts only in single use mode (not
    automatically go in CDE or KDE or any windows mode).
    -I got a black screen with root login prompt, that's all.

    What would be my problem? How would I fix that? Where can find info
    about fixing it?

    I appreciate very very much if you can lend me some help.

    Regards
    Minh

  2. Re: Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start

    apple3 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could any one help with my problem in Solaris10 x86, I appreciate it
    > very much?
    >
    > - I installed Solaris10 x86 6/06 on my Intel Duo Core 512MB 250GB (with
    > onboard Audio/Video/Ethernet)
    > - After the installation Solaris starts only in single use mode (not
    > automatically go in CDE or KDE or any windows mode).
    > -I got a black screen with root login prompt, that's all.
    >
    > What would be my problem? How would I fix that? Where can find info
    > about fixing it?
    >

    > I appreciate very very much if you can lend me some help.
    >
    > Regards
    > Minh

    Login as root.
    I'm not sure, but probably you shold copy [ cp /etc/X11/.xorg.coft to
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf ] (delete dot before xorg)
    and next - I don't remember who I did - maybe try to change init. to 3
    (or 5) or restart your computer (command halt ).

    I'm writing from Linux so I not sure if it correct.

    Wawrzek

  3. Re: Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start

    In article <1161948580.432665.91010@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>,
    apple3 wrote:
    >- I installed Solaris10 x86 6/06 on my Intel Duo Core 512MB 250GB (with
    >onboard Audio/Video/Ethernet)
    >- After the installation Solaris starts only in single use mode (not
    >automatically go in CDE or KDE or any windows mode).
    >-I got a black screen with root login prompt, that's all.

    What is the on-board video?

    As root, run /usr/X11/bin/scanpci and provide the output.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  4. Re: Solaris10 x86 6/06 Xwindows won't start

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 04:29:40 -0700, apple3 wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Could any one help with my problem in Solaris10 x86, I appreciate it
    > very much?
    >
    > - I installed Solaris10 x86 6/06 on my Intel Duo Core 512MB 250GB (with
    > onboard Audio/Video/Ethernet)
    > - After the installation Solaris starts only in single use mode (not

    In which case there may be an SMF error preceeding the single user mode
    login

    Once logged in, run svcs -a and look for any services in maintenance mode.

    If there are then
    svcs -x (-l) to get more info

    --
    Bruce

    "The internet is a huge and diverse community and
    not every one is friendly"
    http://www.ytc1.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread