Encrypted Disk - Solaris

This is a discussion on Encrypted Disk - Solaris ; Greetings! Can I have an on-the-fly encrypted disk on Solaris 10? TrueCrypt says it has a solution for Linux. But not for Solaris. Is there one? My laptop has a TPM chip, if that makes any difference. Regards, Abraham...

  1. Encrypted Disk

    Greetings!

    Can I have an on-the-fly encrypted disk on Solaris 10? TrueCrypt says
    it has a solution for Linux. But not for Solaris.

    Is there one?

    My laptop has a TPM chip, if that makes any difference.

    Regards,

    Abraham

  2. Re: Encrypted Disk

    On Fri, 20 Oct 2006, AbrahamLincolnIllinois@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Can I have an on-the-fly encrypted disk on Solaris 10? TrueCrypt says
    > it has a solution for Linux. But not for Solaris.
    >
    > Is there one?

    Not yet, AFAIK, but there is a project in the works right now adding
    on-disk encryption to ZFS.

    President,
    Rite Online Inc.

    Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638