Missing solaris management console(smc) in Solaris 10 x86 installation - Solaris

This is a discussion on Missing solaris management console(smc) in Solaris 10 x86 installation - Solaris ; I,m new to solaris... Q1)I have reinstalled the latest Solaris 10 x86 a couple of times but there is no system managment console or smc in /usr/sbin/smc or /usr/sadm/bin/smc........ Where is the system administration tool in Solaris 10?? How to ...

  1. Missing solaris management console(smc) in Solaris 10 x86 installation

    I,m new to solaris...

    Q1)I have reinstalled the latest Solaris 10 x86 a couple of times but
    there is no system managment console or smc in /usr/sbin/smc or
    /usr/sadm/bin/smc........ Where is the system administration tool in
    Solaris 10??
    How to reinstall smc from the packages in the installation CD????which
    package??
    The solaris management console shortcut is in the tools menu when I
    right click on the desktop but it cannot run because smc is
    missing.....but no such icon in the tools menu on other instances
    Inside application or file manager also no icon for smc.
    What can I do??To install smc on my pc??
    I am loggined in as root user.

    Would downloading the latest patches for solaris 10 help.

    Q2) How to setup Solaris for brandless USB ADSL modem or brandless USB
    wireless adapter? Where to look for info on this....

  2. Re: Missing solaris management console(smc) in Solaris 10 x86 installation

    Q1) did a pkginfo check and found that the Solaris Management Console
    and Applications package was inside Solaris 10 installation CD 5 and
    installed the package from there using pkgadd directly and is now
    working fine. The CD 5 might be corrupted or damaged so did not
    installed properly keep getting the following message
    Warning : /pci@0,0/pci-ide@if.1/ide@1/sd@ 0,0 (sd0)
    Error for command: read (10)
    Requested Block S7494
    Vendor: ...
    Sense Key: Media Error
    ASC0x11 (unrecovered read error), ASCQ 0x0

    Smc is now running properly on the solaris PC..

    ngsteve@rocketmail.com wrote:

    > I,m new to solaris...
    >
    > Q1)I have reinstalled the latest Solaris 10 x86 a couple of times but
    > there is no system managment console or smc in /usr/sbin/smc or
    > /usr/sadm/bin/smc........ Where is the system administration tool in
    > Solaris 10??
    > How to reinstall smc from the packages in the installation CD????which
    > package??
    > The solaris management console shortcut is in the tools menu when I
    > right click on the desktop but it cannot run because smc is
    > missing.....but no such icon in the tools menu on other instances
    > Inside application or file manager also no icon for smc.
    > What can I do??To install smc on my pc??
    > I am loggined in as root user.
    >
    > Would downloading the latest patches for solaris 10 help.
    >
    > Q2) How to setup Solaris for brandless USB ADSL modem or brandless USB
    > wireless adapter? Where to look for info on this....

+ Reply to Thread