State Database Replicas: size - Solaris

This is a discussion on State Database Replicas: size - Solaris ; Hi, What are criterias for sizing "State Database Replicas" partition in miroring case? Regards, Yannick...

  1. State Database Replicas: size

    Hi,

    What are criterias for sizing "State Database Replicas" partition in
    miroring case?

    Regards,

    Yannick

  2. Re: State Database Replicas: size

    In article ,
    Yannick ROGER wrote:
    >What are criterias for sizing "State Database Replicas" partition in
    >miroring case?

    Each replica is 8192 512-byte blocks and there are two per device.

    I usually create a 64MB slice 7 for the replicas.

    John
    groenveld@acm.org

  3. Re: State Database Replicas: size

    Yannick ROGER wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > What are criterias for sizing "State Database Replicas" partition in
    > miroring case?

    If you just want to mirror two disks make them as small as possible (one
    cylinder). My mddb has a total used size of ~48kB with 6 objects in it:

    # metastat -p
    d2 -m d21 d22 0
    d21 1 1 c1d0s1
    d22 1 1 c2d0s1
    d1 -m d12 d11 1
    d12 1 1 c2d0s0
    d11 1 1 c1d0s0

    So with ~8KB per metadevice a mddb of 1MB is able to fit 128 objects in it.

    --
    Daniel

+ Reply to Thread