CWSpkgs and PATH - Solaris

This is a discussion on CWSpkgs and PATH - Solaris ; I get more and more CWSpackages installed in /opt/csw. Many programs are now under /usr/sfw/bin and /opt/csw/bin. What would be best: /usr/sfw/bin or /opt/csw/bin *first* in my $PATH? Blastwave suggest a change for the X utilities too. Wouldn't this interfere ...

  1. CWSpkgs and PATH

    I get more and more CWSpackages installed in /opt/csw.
    Many programs are now under /usr/sfw/bin and /opt/csw/bin.
    What would be best: /usr/sfw/bin or /opt/csw/bin *first* in my $PATH?

    Blastwave suggest a change for the X utilities too. Wouldn't this
    interfere with the S10 installed tools. Using half of this and half of
    that?

    --
    dick -- http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
    ++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ Solaris 10 6/06 ++

  2. Re: CWSpkgs and PATH

    Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
    > I get more and more CWSpackages installed in /opt/csw.
    > Many programs are now under /usr/sfw/bin and /opt/csw/bin.
    > What would be best: /usr/sfw/bin or /opt/csw/bin *first* in my $PATH?

    I guess it's a matter of preference. I have /usr/sfw first.
    /opt/csw usually has more recent versions of programs but could be more
    unstable; /usr/sfw has Sun-supported stuff.

+ Reply to Thread