Problem Installing Solaris 10 on Windows XP - Solaris

This is a discussion on Problem Installing Solaris 10 on Windows XP - Solaris ; I have downloaded theSolaris 10 files and expanded them into ISO format on the hard disk. Then I burned them onto CD. Is there a way to turn them into executable files so they boot from the CD? I can't ...

  1. Problem Installing Solaris 10 on Windows XP

    I have downloaded theSolaris 10 files and expanded them into ISO
    format on the hard disk. Then I burned them onto CD. Is there a way to
    turn them into executable files so they boot from the CD? I can't get
    the information to do that on the Internet. I don't see it on the SUN
    web site either.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: Problem Installing Solaris 10 on Windows XP

    augie wrote:
    > I have downloaded theSolaris 10 files and expanded them into ISO
    > format on the hard disk. Then I burned them onto CD. Is there a way to
    > turn them into executable files so they boot from the CD? I can't get
    > the information to do that on the Internet. I don't see it on the SUN
    > web site either.

    If you burned the CDs as iso images, CD1 is bootable.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: Problem Installing Solaris 10 on Windows XP

    you need to burn the cds as an iso, not just burn te files onto the cd...

    there should be plenty of info on the net about burning bootable cds from
    iso

    "augie" wrote in message
    news:1160262802.751650.9910@m73g2000cwd.googlegrou ps.com...
    > I have downloaded theSolaris 10 files and expanded them into ISO
    > format on the hard disk. Then I burned them onto CD. Is there a way to
    > turn them into executable files so they boot from the CD? I can't get
    > the information to do that on the Internet. I don't see it on the SUN
    > web site either.
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread