identd - Solaris

This is a discussion on identd - Solaris ; Hi, Wondering if Solaris 10 x86 comes with an identd service? I am trying to connect to irc and need it for that. Under BSD you could just edit /etc/inetd.conf, and uncomment the relevant line, then send a HUP to ...

  1. identd

    Hi,

    Wondering if Solaris 10 x86 comes with an identd service?
    I am trying to connect to irc and need it for that.

    Under BSD you could just edit /etc/inetd.conf,
    and uncomment the relevant line, then send a HUP to
    inetd and all was peachy.

    Whats the process for solaris?

    Thanks
    Alex

  2. Re: identd

    Alex wrote:
    > Wondering if Solaris 10 x86 comes with an identd service?
    > I am trying to connect to irc and need it for that.

    Not included with solaris, as far as I know.
    Download the source, compile, enable it in inetd.conf
    and run inetconv to import it into SMF

    ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/servers/

    Before you ask gcc compiler is in /usr/sfw/bin
    make and ld are in /usr/ccs/bin - add both to your PATH.

  3. Re: identd

    I wrote:
    > Alex wrote:
    >> Wondering if Solaris 10 x86 comes with an identd service?
    >> I am trying to connect to irc and need it for that.

    > Not included with solaris, as far as I know.
    > Download the source, compile, enable it in inetd.conf
    > and run inetconv to import it into SMF
    >
    > ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/servers/
    >
    > Before you ask gcc compiler is in /usr/sfw/bin
    > make and ld are in /usr/ccs/bin - add both to your PATH.

    ../configure; make

    fails in some DES code. Disabling DES compiles fine

    make distclean; ./configure --with-des=no; make

    If you need DES you might have to debug the code, I didn't try.

  4. Re: identd

    Oscar del Rio wrote:
    > I wrote:
    >
    >> Alex wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wondering if Solaris 10 x86 comes with an identd service?
    >>> I am trying to connect to irc and need it for that.

    >> Not included with solaris, as far as I know.
    >> Download the source, compile, enable it in inetd.conf
    >> and run inetconv to import it into SMF
    >>
    >> ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/ident/servers/
    >>
    >> Before you ask gcc compiler is in /usr/sfw/bin
    >> make and ld are in /usr/ccs/bin - add both to your PATH.

    > ./configure; make
    >
    > fails in some DES code. Disabling DES compiles fine
    >
    > make distclean; ./configure --with-des=no; make
    >
    > If you need DES you might have to debug the code, I didn't try.

    Thanks for that, i'll give it a go :-)

+ Reply to Thread