installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix - Solaris

This is a discussion on installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix - Solaris ; installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix,Please suggest. I have already have xp installed and i have taken once HD extra in that i need to install solaris so that i can i have dual boot ...

  1. installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix

    installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris
    unix,Please suggest.

    I have already have xp installed and i have taken once HD extra in that
    i need to install solaris so that i can i have dual boot with solaris
    and unix.

  2. Re: installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix

    It sounds to me like you have an extra hard drive, and so probably the
    easiest and least damaging attempt would be to use a removable hard drive
    caddy, and just swap it out when you want to chnange operations systems

    "venkat" wrote in message
    news:1159332266.164653.57810@m7g2000cwm.googlegrou ps.com...
    > installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris
    > unix,Please suggest.
    >
    > I have already have xp installed and i have taken once HD extra in that
    > i need to install solaris so that i can i have dual boot with solaris
    > and unix.

  3. Re: installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris unix

    venkat schrieb:

    > installing solaris10 on x86 with windows xp prof and solaris
    > unix,Please suggest.
    >
    > I have already have xp installed and i have taken once HD extra in that
    > i need to install solaris so that i can i have dual boot with solaris
    > and unix.

    Hi,

    it's simply easy. First make two partitions on your hd.
    Install Window's in one of them, then install solaris
    in the other partition. Solaris contains the grub boot loader
    and detects the windows partition. After installing solaris
    grub will show you the bootable os, where you select the
    os you will boot.

    Bye
    Klaus Grote
    DNS GmbH