This Thurs, Sept. 28th (Silicon Valley) Trusted Solaris, when hardening up Solaris matters! - Solaris

This is a discussion on This Thurs, Sept. 28th (Silicon Valley) Trusted Solaris, when hardening up Solaris matters! - Solaris ; This Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006, we're glad to have a couple nice presentations for folks. First off, we'll be having a short presentation on the Sun Studio tools. Find out what new features have been added recentely, what new features ...

  1. This Thurs, Sept. 28th (Silicon Valley) Trusted Solaris, when hardening up Solaris matters!

    This Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006, we're glad to have a couple nice
    presentations for folks.

    First off, we'll be having a short presentation on the Sun Studio
    tools. Find out what new features have been added recentely, what new
    features are being worked on, and how you can use Sun Studio to create
    programs that run on Linux as well as Solaris. This enables our
    community to develop applications that will compile for either Solaris
    x64, Solaris SPARC, and Linux. Luan Yin, one of the leads from the
    tools group will be at SVOSUG to share this information with you.

    The main presentation will feature Glenn Faden giving you the nuts and
    bolts on Trusted Solaris. How many folks know that Sun has putback
    trusted extentions to OpenSolaris? Did you know those changes are
    coming to S10 via the update channel (Glenn should have more info on
    that). To some this might not seem very important, but consider that
    knowing the source our data is coming from, who sent it, and where that
    data has been routed might be more valuable to you than you might
    suspect as we move forward in the future. This is truely technology
    that makes you wonder how security will be on our computers in the
    future. Knowing that people can access your computer from
    anywhere in the world once connected can certainly fuel the thought
    process on keeping unwanted traffic off of them.

    OpenSolaris has had role based access included with it for quite some
    time, and this lends to helping create a trusted environment. Glenn
    will be able to explain to you how labels and other security features
    can be used in a full trusted environment.

    Hear it straight from the folks that work in Sun's security department
    within Solaris engineering, and learn how these ideas will play a big
    role in the future of computing.

    When: Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006
    Where: Sun's Santa Clara Campus Auditorium (upstairs)
    What: Trusted Solaris, when hardening up Solaris matters
    Time: 7:30pm-10:00pm
    Map: http://blogs.sun.com/roller/resource...asj_dirmap.pdf

    Call-in Info:

    Toll Free: 866-545-5227
    Intnl/pay: 865-673-6950
    Conference: 809-64-14

  2. REMINDER: SVOSUG Tonight in Silicon Valley, Trusted Solaris, when hardening up Solaris matters!

    NOTE: I completely fat finger'd Yuan Lin's name and apologize. Yuan
    would like to show the new Sun Studio Data Race Detection Tool which he
    has been working on.

    Tonight, Sept. 28, 2006, we're glad to have a couple nice presentations
    for folks.

    First off, we'll be having a short presentation on the Sun Studio
    tools. Find out how to tame Solaris with Sun Studio Data Race Detection
    Tool. Also find out what new features have been added and how you can
    leverage Sun Studio across multiple platforms.

[...]

    Hope to see/hear you there!

+ Reply to Thread