slrn screen garbage after printing - Solaris

This is a discussion on slrn screen garbage after printing - Solaris ; Anybody has a clue on why slrn makes a mess after giving it the "y" command to print an article? The difference wit i.e. FreeBSD is that on solaris slrn prints a message on the bottom of the screen: "Printing ...

  1. slrn screen garbage after printing

    Anybody has a clue on why slrn makes a mess after giving it the "y"
    command to print an article?

    The difference wit i.e. FreeBSD is that on solaris slrn prints a message
    on the bottom of the screen: "Printing article...request id is lp-20 (1
    file)"

    This message messes up the slrn screen. Closing the program and
    restarting it is the only way to restore normal screen behaviour.

    On my FreeBSD system slrn does /not/ give such a message.
    Can this be resolved?

    --
    dick -- http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
    ++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ Solaris 10 6/06 ++

  2. Re: slrn screen garbage after printing

    quoting Andrew Gabriel (24 Sep 2006 10:12:18 GMT):
    > In article ,
    > Dick Hoogendijk writes:
    >> Anybody has a clue on why slrn makes a mess after giving it the "y"
    >> command to print an article?
    >>
    >> The difference wit i.e. FreeBSD is that on solaris slrn prints a message
    >> on the bottom of the screen: "Printing article...request id is lp-20 (1
    >> file)"

    > Probably because lp outputs this confirmation text, but lpr doesn't.

    Problem solved. I used the name of the printer (set printer_name) in
    ..slrnrc like in FreeBSD it's called 'lp' No prob in fbsd.
    Changing it to: "set printer_name lpr" solved my problem.
    No garbage anymore. Only bad naming from slrn. Printer_name would be
    better called "printer_program"

    --
    dick -- http://nagual.nl/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
    ++ Running FreeBSD 6.1 +++ Solaris 10 6/06 ++

+ Reply to Thread