jumpstart server with different OS version - Solaris

This is a discussion on jumpstart server with different OS version - Solaris ; Hello All, I would like to set up a server with solaris or linux as a jumpstart/install server Can I have different OS from windows, solaris and linux on same box? This install server it will take me to install ...

  1. jumpstart server with different OS version

    Hello All,

    I would like to set up a server with solaris or linux as a
    jumpstart/install server
    Can I have different OS from windows, solaris and linux on same box?
    This install server it will take me to install new system for windows,
    linux or solaris

    Thanks in advance!

    Michael N.

  2. Re: jumpstart server with different OS version

    quocthuan schrieb:

    > Hello All,
    >
    > I would like to set up a server with solaris or linux as a
    > jumpstart/install server
    > Can I have different OS from windows, solaris and linux on same box?
    > This install server it will take me to install new system for windows,
    > linux or solaris
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > Michael N.

    Yes,

    you can install every OS on the jumpstart-server.
    Make a subdirectory that you share, in this subdirectory
    make for every OS-Version a directory and copy the
    files from the install cds here.
    For Linux and Windows you have to setup the dhcp-service
    and boot the clients via PXE.

    By
    Klaus Grote
    DNS GmbH