DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS - Solaris

This is a discussion on DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS - Solaris ; Hi, which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10 sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen before logging ...

  1. DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    Hi,

    which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    before logging in.

    Thaks,

  2. Re: DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    Carlos M. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    > sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    > es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    > before logging in.
    >
    > Thaks,

    You need to change your locale. There have been previous posts recently
    explaining this. One way is to change the locale in you profile by
    setting the locale-related variables.

    For example:

    LANG=en_US
    LC_CTYPE=en_US
    LC_NUMERIC="en_US"
    LC_TIME="en_US"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US"
    LC_MONETARY="en_US"
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US"
    LC_ALL=en_US
    export LANG LC_CTYPE LC_NUMERIC LC_TIME LC_COLLATE
    export LC_MONETARY LC_MESSAGES LC_ALL

    --
    God's Blessings and love

    Deacon Gary Meerschaert <'}}}}><

    Madison Heights, MI
    Archdiocese of Detroit

    Don't give up on your dreams.
    Wait a bit and they'll give up on you
    and you can start again without all of that guilt.

    Gary.meerschaert@gmail.com

  3. Re: DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    Carlos M. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    > sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    > es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    > before logging in.
    >
    > Thaks,

    Add this line to the /etc/default/init file:

    LC_ALL=es_ES.ISO8859

    After the next reboot, that will be your system default locale, CDE
    should pick it I presume.

  4. Re: DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    In <44e85bdf$0$26000$626a54ce@news.free.fr> Jean-Louis Liagre writes:

    >Carlos M. wrote:
    >>
    >> which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    >> sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    >> es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    >> before logging in.

    >Add this line to the /etc/default/init file:

    >LC_ALL=es_ES.ISO8859

    >After the next reboot, that will be your system default locale, CDE
    >should pick it I presume.

    It might be easier to select that locale once on the login screen.
    After that, you will get that locale on every login until you change
    it. Yes, it would be nice to have a `new locale' button on the
    desktop in case you forgot to set it on the login screen.

    --
    -Gary Mills- -Unix Support- -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

  5. Re: DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    Carlos M. wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    > sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    > es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    > before logging in.
    >
    > Thaks,

    /etc/default/init

    You may need to reboot to make the change effective (I've never done it
    this way and don't know).

  6. Re: DEFAULT LANGUAGE SETTINGS

    Thanks, it is working now!

    Carlos M. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > which file should I change to set up a different language in solaris 10
    > sparc?. I want to use es_ES.ISO8859-15 from the login screen instead of
    > es_ES.ISO8859 and without having to change it in the login screen
    > before logging in.
    >
    > Thaks,

+ Reply to Thread