looking for smcboot - Solaris

This is a discussion on looking for smcboot - Solaris ; Hi, all, The file smcboot is missing in my Soilaris 10 x86 box. I wonder in which package in my install CD can I get it. By the way, as a newbie, I am constantly looking for missing files. Therefore, ...

  1. looking for smcboot

    Hi, all,

    The file smcboot is missing in my Soilaris 10 x86 box. I wonder in
    which package in my install CD can I get it.

    By the way, as a newbie, I am constantly looking for missing files.
    Therefore, I got the same problem again and again: how do I know in
    which package I can find a specific file?

    Thank you for reading.

    Linhui

  2. Re: looking for smcboot

    On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:13:56 -0700, yelinhui wrote:

    > The file smcboot is missing in my Soilaris 10 x86 box. I wonder in
    > which package in my install CD can I get it.

    [/]# pkgchk -lp /usr/sadm/lib/smc/bin/smcboot
    Pathname: /usr/sadm/lib/smc/bin/smcboot
    Type: regular file
    Expected mode: 0755
    Expected owner: root
    Expected group: bin
    Expected file size (bytes): 27980
    Expected sum(1) of contents: 3882
    Expected last modification: Jan 22 21:35:34 2005
    Referenced by the following packages:
    SUNWwbmc
    Current status: installed

    > By the way, as a newbie, I am constantly looking for missing files.
    > Therefore, I got the same problem again and again: how do I know in
    > which package I can find a specific file?

    Partial installations are not for newbies. Start over again using the
    complete package cluster.

  3. Re: looking for smcboot

    yelinhui1@yahoo.com wrote:
    > By the way, as a newbie, I am constantly looking for missing files.
    > Therefore, I got the same problem again and again: how do I know in
    > which package I can find a specific file?

    On the Solaris installation DVD, use:

    grep smcboot ./Solaris_10/Product/*/pkgmap

    If you need this frequently, collect the list once into one file with:

    grep . ./Solaris_10/Product/*/pkgmap > /tmp/listoffiles.txt

    Later, to search for a file, use:

    grep smcboot /tmp/listoffiles.txt

    hth,

    mp.
    --
    Systems Administrator | Institute of Scientific Computing | Univ. of Vienna
    | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/solaris/pca/
    Patch Check Advanced | Analyze, download and install patches for Sun Solaris

  4. Re: looking for smcboot

    Dave and Martin,

    Thank you both. I've got it.

    Linhui

    Dave Uhring wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:13:56 -0700, yelinhui wrote:
    >
    > > The file smcboot is missing in my Soilaris 10 x86 box. I wonder in
    > > which package in my install CD can I get it.

    > [/]# pkgchk -lp /usr/sadm/lib/smc/bin/smcboot
    > Pathname: /usr/sadm/lib/smc/bin/smcboot
    > Type: regular file
    > Expected mode: 0755
    > Expected owner: root
    > Expected group: bin
    > Expected file size (bytes): 27980
    > Expected sum(1) of contents: 3882
    > Expected last modification: Jan 22 21:35:34 2005
    > Referenced by the following packages:
    > SUNWwbmc
    > Current status: installed
    >
    > > By the way, as a newbie, I am constantly looking for missing files.
    > > Therefore, I got the same problem again and again: how do I know in
    > > which package I can find a specific file?

    > Partial installations are not for newbies. Start over again using the
    > complete package cluster.

+ Reply to Thread