Accessing Solaris data from Windoze - Solaris

This is a discussion on Accessing Solaris data from Windoze - Solaris ; tkevans@tkevans.com wrote: > Oscar del Rio wrote: > >> It should, but my solaris 10 has /etc/init.d/samba ("legacy_run") >> Do Solaris 10 updates have samba under SMF control? > > If you did a full install of Solaris 10, you'll ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Accessing Solaris data from Windoze

    tkevans@tkevans.com wrote:
    > Oscar del Rio wrote:
    >
    >> It should, but my solaris 10 has /etc/init.d/samba ("legacy_run")
    >> Do Solaris 10 updates have samba under SMF control?

    > If you did a full install of Solaris 10, you'll have Samba under SMF
    > control; if you had previously installed Samba separately (prior to
    > upgrading to Solaris 10), you'll have both.

    This was a fresh full install of 10_3/05 and it has samba as "legacy_run"

    release: Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC
    svcs: legacy_run lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S90samba

  2. Re: Accessing Solaris data from Windoze

    Steve wrote:

    > Surprised no-one suggested PC-Netlink, Sun's own product. I find it
    > very OK, better than Samba which I have to say confuses the hell out of
    > me.
    >
    > Basically turns your Sun server into a Windows box like Samba but with
    > better mamangement tools than Sambads SWAT.
    >
    > In fact, I'm tempted to fish my copy out and install it, despite being
    > a PC free zone, unless Ultra 20 counts as a PC, which it does, hell
    > fire.....
    >
    > Steve

    Advanced Server for Unix - PC-Netlink
    is getting a bit long in the tooth now, It was a NT3.5 - NT4
    solution.
    It was never really upgraded to work well with Active Directory.
    It works sort of when you run AD in NT4 compliant mode.

    I used it alot 12 years ago.....
    Had a customer with 120 sites with ASU.
    was called LanManager for Unix in 1994.

    //Lars

  3. Re: Accessing Solaris data from Windoze

    Carsten Bliessen wrote:

    > for only a few files I would use ssh? Avticate it on Solaris and
    > download Putty for Windows. There is a SecureFile Copy Client (pscp.exe)
    > and you are able to copy easyly your files.

    WinSCP could be worth a try as well.

    --

    Cheers

    Robert

  4. Re: Accessing Solaris data from Windoze

    Oscar del Rio wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >
    >> Oscar del Rio wrote:
    >>
    >>> All you need is "/etc/init.d/samba start"

    >> Shouldn't that be "svcadm enable samba"?

    > It should, but my solaris 10 has /etc/init.d/samba ("legacy_run")
    > Do Solaris 10 updates have samba under SMF control?

    I haven't tried an update 2 system yet, but Express builds do.

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2