hang up PC - Solaris

This is a discussion on hang up PC - Solaris ; I insalled Solaris 8(intel platform) over 160 GB and I distributed the sizes over the slices. I have 512 Ram and installed Star office and my PC is hang up after 2 or 3 minutes from work over the system. ...

  1. hang up PC

    I insalled Solaris 8(intel platform) over 160 GB and I distributed the
    sizes over the slices. I have 512 Ram and installed Star office and my
    PC is hang up after 2 or 3 minutes from work over the system. I have to
    create some activity with the mouse to keep it alive .
    hang up and repush the PC button and close and reopen it manually ? Any
    solutions ?

  2. Re: hang up PC

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > I insalled Solaris 8(intel platform) over 160 GB and I distributed the
    > sizes over the slices. I have 512 Ram and installed Star office and my
    > PC is hang up after 2 or 3 minutes from work over the system. I have to
    > create some activity with the mouse to keep it alive .
    > hang up and repush the PC button and close and reopen it manually ? Any
    > solutions ?

    Why did you install Solaris 8?

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: hang up PC

    Old installation for old machines testing .

  4. Re: hang up PC

    Please answer my question if you know
    What causes the Hang-up?

  5. Re: hang up PC

    On 16 Jul 2006 02:28:27 -0700
    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:

    > Please answer my question if you know
    > What causes the Hang-up?

    In all likelihood, power management.

    --
    Stefaan A Eeckels
    --

  6. Re: hang up PC

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > Please answer my question if you know
    > What causes the Hang-up?

    unsupported hardware?

  7. Re: hang up PC

    ehabaziz2001@gmail.com wrote:
    > Old installation for old machines testing .

    I see you still haven't learned how to post on Usenet, please quote -
    even google does this by default now.

    If you want help with hardware, the least you can do is tell us what it is.

    --
    Ian Collins.

+ Reply to Thread