Can't automount solaris 10 shares. - Solaris

This is a discussion on Can't automount solaris 10 shares. - Solaris ; Sorry to repost but previous thread expired while I was attending to other business. Previous thread http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...693371489244be I have a network consisting of primarily solaris 9 and 10 systems on Intel. Each system has a disk or two which is ...

  1. Can't automount solaris 10 shares.

    Sorry to repost but previous thread expired while I was attending to
    other business.

    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...693371489244be

    I have a network consisting of primarily solaris 9 and 10 systems on
    Intel. Each system has a disk or two which is shared and available for
    mounting by any other system.

    I can mount the solaris 10 resources to solaris 9 with the mount
    command, but automount doesn't work.

    The resources on Solaris 10 systems are reported as shared by the share
    command.

    Solaris 10 systems can automount solaris 9 disk resources.

    Solaris 10 systems can NOT automount other solaris 10 disk resources.

    The solaris 10 systems report

    # uname -a
    SunOS sys30 5.10 Generic_118844-26 i86pc i386 i86pc

    I have 1 solaris 10 system on which automount functions as expected.
    It is configured identically to the others (to the best of my
    knowledege) which reports

    # uname -a
    SunOS sys1 5.10 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc

    The environment has been up and running for years under previous
    versions of Solaris with no problems untill this latest rev of solaris
    10.

    Please Help!!

  2. Re: Can't automount solaris 10 shares.

    Carl wrote:
    > Sorry to repost but previous thread expired while I was attending to
    > other business.

    > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...693371489244be
    >
    > I have a network consisting of primarily solaris 9 and 10 systems on
    > Intel. Each system has a disk or two which is shared and available for
    > mounting by any other system.
    >
    > I can mount the solaris 10 resources to solaris 9 with the mount
    > command, but automount doesn't work.
    >
    > The resources on Solaris 10 systems are reported as shared by the share
    > command.
    >
    > Solaris 10 systems can automount solaris 9 disk resources.
    >
    > Solaris 10 systems can NOT automount other solaris 10 disk resources.
    >
    > The solaris 10 systems report
    >
    > # uname -a
    > SunOS sys30 5.10 Generic_118844-26 i86pc i386 i86pc
    >
    > I have 1 solaris 10 system on which automount functions as expected.
    > It is configured identically to the others (to the best of my
    > knowledege) which reports
    >
    > # uname -a
    > SunOS sys1 5.10 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
    >
    > The environment has been up and running for years under previous
    > versions of Solaris with no problems untill this latest rev of solaris
    > 10.
    >
    > Please Help!!

    Name resolution must be configured properly for automount to work.
    Check you /etc/hosts /etc/inet/ipnodes /etc/nsswitch.conf
    /etc/resolv.conf
    /etc/defaultrouter files for mistakes.

    //Lars

  3. Re: Can't automount solaris 10 shares.

    > I can mount the solaris 10 resources to solaris 9 with the mount
    > command, but automount doesn't work.

    ---
    > Please Help!!

    You'll have to give us more information. For example; the moment you goto the
    /net directory and try to access a share what error do you get?

    --
    Groetjes, Peter

    ..\\ PGP/GPG key: http://www.catslair.org/pubkey.asc

  4. Re: Can't automount solaris 10 shares.

    Problem solved.

    I stumbled on it after posting yesterday.

    It was a problem with my NIS server not pushing out new auto_direct
    maps to all the systems.

    Having just started moving to Solaris 10 I was sure it was related to
    changes in that OS.

    Sorry for the wild goose chase.

+ Reply to Thread