There seem to be far to little advertising going on for these two
upcoming
books that promises to be worth reading.
I read the first edition of the first of these, three years ago and it
contained
real information. By that I mean that it was not the usual " complete
beginners guide "
that most computer book vendors assembles every time there is a new
release of a
operating system. No this book is the closest you are likely to come to
the design spec
of the Solaris kernel. in other words this is real stuff and you
will have to think through every page. The book I read was fully on
par with Marshal Kirk Mckusick's :
" The Design of the FreeBSD Kernel" so I expect these to be just as
enlightening.

http://www.phptr.com/bookstore/produ...131482092&rl=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/013...653719?ie=UTF8

http://www.phptr.com/bookstore/produ...131568191&rl=1