    want to change it for language Spanish.
    Greetings, and thanks for the contribution.

  2. Re: Keyboard and Solaris 10

    On 2006-07-09 03:46:24 +0100, ".:R@FAEL:."
    said:

    > I have installed Solaris 10 x86 and I want to change the configuration
    > of the keyboard. At the moment this formed for English language and I
    > want to change it for language Spanish.
    > Greetings, and thanks for the contribution.

    You should use the kdmconfig program. You might have to tell it to
    (temporarily) to use Xsun while you set your keyboard, but you can
    change it back to Xorg by running it again.

    You may also need to run kdmconfig while multi-user.

    Cheers,

    Chris

  3. Re: Keyboard and Solaris 10

    Chris Ridd wrote:
    > On 2006-07-09 03:46:24 +0100, ".:R@FAEL:."
    > said:
    >
    > > I have installed Solaris 10 x86 and I want to change the configuration
    > > of the keyboard. At the moment this formed for English language and I
    > > want to change it for language Spanish.
    > > Greetings, and thanks for the contribution.

    > You should use the kdmconfig program. You might have to tell it to
    > (temporarily) to use Xsun while you set your keyboard, but you can
    > change it back to Xorg by running it again.
    >
    > You may also need to run kdmconfig while multi-user.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Chris

    Its probably less painfull to :

    1) manaully set up the HW keyboard type:

    # eeprom kbd-type=Spanish

    2) enter the spanish keyboard layout into /etc/X11/xorg.conf

    In the Keyboard Section assuming you have a 105 key keyboard.

    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "es"

    The reboot the workstation.

    //Lars