How to install Ubuntu on a Solaris 10 installation? - Solaris

This is a discussion on How to install Ubuntu on a Solaris 10 installation? - Solaris ; Hello I've got a x86 PC with one HDD and Solaris 10 on it. I would like to install Ubuntu side-by-side to S10, but don't know how. S10 starts with GRUB. Is there a way to convert or shrink the ...

  1. How to install Ubuntu on a Solaris 10 installation?

    Hello

    I've got a x86 PC with one HDD and Solaris 10 on it.

    I would like to install Ubuntu side-by-side to S10, but don't know how.

    S10 starts with GRUB.

    Is there a way to convert or shrink the S10 partition to have some
    space for Linux?

    Thanks
    Vittorio

  2. Re: How to install Ubuntu on a Solaris 10 installation?

    On 19 Jun 2006 06:52:26 -0700, Vittorio wrote:

    > Is there a way to convert or shrink the S10 partition to have some
    > space for Linux?

    No. Backup data, reinstall and then restore the data will work. You
    might also be able to use ufsdump.

    A bientot
    Paul
    --
    Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
    Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

  3. Re: How to install Ubuntu on a Solaris 10 installation?

    On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 06:52:26 -0700, Vittorio wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I've got a x86 PC with one HDD and Solaris 10 on it.
    >
    > I would like to install Ubuntu side-by-side to S10, but don't know how.
    >
    > S10 starts with GRUB.
    >
    > Is there a way to convert or shrink the S10 partition to have some
    > space for Linux?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Vittorio

    Another possibility you might be interested in, an Ubuntu/Debian based
    x86 Solaris. Best of both worlds?

    http://www.gnusolaris.org/gswiki

+ Reply to Thread