Q: Is there support for promise sata chipsets - Solaris

This is a discussion on Q: Is there support for promise sata chipsets - Solaris ; Greetings Running out of diskspace and need to take use promise SATA controller. browsing Solaris HCL did not give clear answer is there device driver for promise sata chipsets. @least S10 X86 01/06 release seems not have "...Mass storage controller/Unknown ...

  1. Q: Is there support for promise sata chipsets

    Greetings

    Running out of diskspace and need to take use promise SATA controller.
    browsing Solaris HCL did not give clear answer is there device driver
    for promise sata chipsets.

    @least S10 X86 01/06 release seems not have "...Mass storage
    controller/Unknown mass storage controller...."

    from MB vendor specs , chipset is *Promise 20378 RAID controller*

    Thanks

  2. Re: Q: Is there support for promise sata chipsets

    nospam wrote:
    > Greetings
    >
    > Running out of diskspace and need to take use promise SATA controller.
    > browsing Solaris HCL did not give clear answer is there device driver
    > for promise sata chipsets.
    >
    > @least S10 X86 01/06 release seems not have "...Mass storage
    > controller/Unknown mass storage controller...."
    >
    > from MB vendor specs , chipset is *Promise 20378 RAID controller*

    The Nforce4 chipset builtin SATA controller works with both
    SOlaris 10 and Nevada.

    SUN uses it on the X2100 and I Have use Nevada Build 39 on A
    shuttle SNP25
    chassie where the motherboard is a NForce4 chipset.

    //Lars

  3. Re: Q: Is there support for promise sata chipsets

    On 13 Jun 2006 15:14:49 -0700, "tunla"
    wrote:

    >nospam wrote:
    >> Greetings
    >>
    >> Running out of diskspace and need to take use promise SATA controller.
    >> browsing Solaris HCL did not give clear answer is there device driver
    >> for promise sata chipsets.
    >>
    >> @least S10 X86 01/06 release seems not have "...Mass storage
    >> controller/Unknown mass storage controller...."
    >>
    >> from MB vendor specs , chipset is *Promise 20378 RAID controller*
    >>

    >The Nforce4 chipset builtin SATA controller works with both
    >SOlaris 10 and Nevada.
    >
    >SUN uses it on the X2100 and I Have use Nevada Build 39 on A
    >shuttle SNP25
    >chassie where the motherboard is a NForce4 chipset.
    >
    >//Lars

    Hi

    Yes yes yes , but this require to buy new MB.

    So no promise support ?

+ Reply to Thread