Compiling R on Solaris 10 with Studio 11 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Compiling R on Solaris 10 with Studio 11 - Solaris ; Hi, Everyone: Did any one try compiling R(a statistical and graphical package) on Solaris 10 for x86 using Studio 11? I tried default configure and bumped into a lot of errors. Is there a way(like change the configure setup) I ...

  1. Compiling R on Solaris 10 with Studio 11

    Hi, Everyone:

    Did any one try compiling R(a statistical and graphical package) on
    Solaris 10 for x86 using Studio 11? I tried default configure and
    bumped into a lot of errors. Is there a way(like change the configure
    setup) I can compile it using Studion 11?

    Regards,
    Zoom Wang

  2. Re: Compiling R on Solaris 10 with Studio 11

    swang wrote:
    > Hi, Everyone:
    >
    > Did any one try compiling R(a statistical and graphical package) on
    > Solaris 10 for x86 using Studio 11? I tried default configure and
    > bumped into a lot of errors. Is there a way(like change the configure
    > setup) I can compile it using Studion 11?

    What does the package configure --help give?

    Most packages use the environment variables CC for the c compiler and
    CXX for C++. You might have to fiddle with the CFLAGS if gcc specific
    options are used.

    --
    Ian Collins.

  3. Re: Compiling R on Solaris 10 with Studio 11

    On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 13:51:46 +0800, swang wrote:
    > Hi, Everyone:
    >
    > Did any one try compiling R(a statistical and graphical package) on
    > Solaris 10 for x86 using Studio 11? I tried default configure and
    > bumped into a lot of errors. Is there a way(like change the configure
    > setup) I can compile it using Studion 11?

    What were the errors?

    By default, configure will try to use gcc.

    I tried 'CC=cc CXX=CC CXXFLAGS="-library=stlport4" ./configure
    --without-readline' and it seemed to work OK (fully patched Solaris 10
    x86 and Studio 11).

    A bientot
    Paul
    --