Mounting a reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86 - Solaris

This is a discussion on Mounting a reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86 - Solaris ; Is there a way to mount a Linux reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86 and do someone know for which filesystems Solaris 10 has build-in read(-write) suppport? Thanks Pedro...

  1. Mounting a reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86

    Is there a way to mount a Linux reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86
    and do someone know for which filesystems Solaris 10 has build-in
    read(-write) suppport?

    Thanks
    Pedro

  2. Re: Mounting a reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86

    On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 23:28:05 +0200, Pedro Santos wrote:
    > Is there a way to mount a Linux reiserfs partition under Solaris 10 x86

    The only way I know is to port it from Linux (or another OS that
    supports it) to Solaris.

    > and do someone know for which filesystems Solaris 10 has build-in
    > read(-write) suppport?

    rw support for UFS, UDFS and FAT. Coming soon, ZFS. Note that the
    Universal in UDFS is probably far from the reality. There are several
    versions (e.g., 1.5, 2.0) and I would not at all count on other OSes
    UDFS implementations being rw compatible with the Solaris
    implementation.

    A bientot
    Paul
    --