zfs question - Solaris

This is a discussion on zfs question - Solaris ; Can I mount a zfs formatted disk on a sparc solaris10 box and then remount it on a x86 solaris 10 box? Is this a fesibile DR configuration for server hardware failures?...

  1. zfs question

    Can I mount a zfs formatted disk on a sparc solaris10 box and then remount
    it on a x86 solaris 10 box?

    Is this a fesibile DR configuration for server hardware failures?

  2. Re: zfs question

    Andrew Nette wrote:
    > Can I mount a zfs formatted disk on a sparc solaris10 box and then remount
    > it on a x86 solaris 10 box?

    Yes, if the disk contains an EFI label.

    > Is this a fesibile DR configuration for server hardware failures?

    I think you mean HA (high availability), not DR (dynamic reconfiguration).
    It depends on the application you want to prepare for HA.

    --
    Daniel

  3. Re: zfs question

    On 3/6/06 09:19, in article e5rgm4$2h85$1@server.rock.net, "Daniel Rock"
    wrote:

    > Andrew Nette wrote:
    >> Can I mount a zfs formatted disk on a sparc solaris10 box and then remount
    >> it on a x86 solaris 10 box?

    > Yes, if the disk contains an EFI label.
    >

    >> Is this a fesibile DR configuration for server hardware failures?

    > I think you mean HA (high availability), not DR (dynamic reconfiguration).
    > It depends on the application you want to prepare for HA.

    I assumed he meant disaster recovery, in this case slapping the disks on
    another box and reading the data off. Nothing fancy :-)

    Cheers,

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread